Apologies this post is going up late… but, you know, life!
Today’s five things post is a little different than previous ones. Mostly because this week’s ‘things’ are more experiences or thoughts rather than physical things. I’m weird. Anyways….
- I turn 29 tomorrow. I don’t know what it is about turning 29, but it has me feeling a little old. Okay, not in a bad way, but in a ‘there’s no way I’m 29 years old, I’m not even close to feeling that old and I’m certainly not mature’ kind of way. Does that make sense? I think I’ve always felt the age that I have been turning in the past, but 29 – nope! I don’t feel it! I did put together a list of things I want to do before I turn 30, which gets me excited. In fact, David and I have already made plans to go camping this spring so I can cross number 21 off my list 🙂 . It also makes me realize that I can continue to live by the saying “It’s perfectly okay and normal not to have your shit together in your twenties” for one more year!
- We’re doing an escape room! I’m so excited! My sister texted me a few weeks back and told me her and her boyfriend had done an escape room and had so much fun. I had heard of them (and saw them on every franchise of the Real Housewives) but didn’t realize there was one here in Charlottesville! I told David that’s what I wanted to do for my birthday, so he called up some friends and set it up. I’ll let you know how it goes next week 🙂
- OMG I love barre. Morgan and I have been escaping work for an hour at lunchtime to go to barre class, and let me tell you, it hurts so good! It’s the perfect workout to do midday, because I don’t get very sweaty, but I definitely feel the burn. Barre isolates muscles and basically works them until they shake, thus building and toning. It’s pretty tough, but we’ve been going about once a week for three months now, and I can definitely feel a difference.
- It’s supposed to be in the mid-sixties. We are having a bit of an Indian Summer this weekend. Today it’s only supposed to reach the mid 40s, but this weekend is supposed to feel like spring! It has me craving warm weather, live music, pool time, and wearing dresses like this one. Last weekend, we braved the weather and took a walk at on of our favorite parks. Finn is such a goof!
- My actual vision board. I put together my virtual vision board last week, but last night, David and I put together our vision board together. It’s full of houses that look like this. It was so fun to sit there together and talk about all the things we hope for out of life. It’s nice to have a husband who plays along with my ridiculousness, and willingly cuts pictures out of magazines to pin on a bulletin board 🙂