Happy Friday, everybody! Yikes, I don’t know what it was about this week – actually, the entire month of March – but I’m so happy to be heading into the weekend and starting a new month. March was rough for a series of reasons:
- My brother-in-law lost his grandmother, someone who he and my sister were incredibly close with. I actually got to spend some time with her in Colorado at the beginning of the month, and she always treated me like family, too. She did mention that she read every single post I wrote on my blog, and that means the world to me.
- The Gregory household has been plagued with illness for what seems like weeks. When I was in Colorado, Finn came down with a double ear infection. It seems like we’ve been trying to battle it in every way possible, and we’ve been living at the pediatricians. Fortunately, as of yesterday, the infections are gone, but he has developed a nasty cough – again. The thing about Finn is that you would never know that he was sick. He’s always happy, which is a blessing!
- David and I were sick at the start of the month and I haven’t been able to kick a sinus infection. David started getting sick again last night and he’s currently home in bed trying to fight it off before the weekend!
- I got hurt at my soccer game last weekend. I’ve played soccer my entire life and have never suffered an injury like this! I play in a co-ed league, and a 200+ pound man took me out and absolutely destroyed my leg. My entire upper left thigh is a pretty shade of purple right now and I took Monday to rehab it since I could barely walk. I would much rather be nursing a sore muscle than a sore throat, though. So for that, I’m thankful!
- Geez – we need to mix some good news in here! Our friends Jesa and Austin welcomed their baby girl, Sadie Rose, on Wednesday evening! I cannot wait to meet her!
- David and I are going away next weekend for our first weekend without Finn! I surprised him a few weeks back with an overnight trip to Chincoteague Island – this is where a ton of wild horses live! Neither of us have been and we are just excited to get some one-on-one time.
- I’m heading to Austin in early May for a work conference. I’ve never been and I’ve only heard really great things. Don’t I have sorority sisters who live in Austin? Let’s meet up!
- My family is coming to visit in a few weeks! My uncle is throwing a huge party for my grandpa’s birthday and my entire extended family is headed our way to celebrate – including my little sister who I haven’t seen since last July! OMG whattt!! I’m counting the days, guys! Hurry up!
Anyways, hopefully I added enough positives to outweigh the negatives – but such is life. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!